Wednesday, May 18, 2011

WWW Wednesday

Whine:  On my way back from vay-cay my curling iron broke.  In two.  Not fixable.  I loved that curling iron.  Every now and then I have a deviant section of hair that doesn't curl with the others and I counted on that iron to curl it back into place.  Until iron is replaced my hair is just straightening amuck.
Wish:  I used the food processor today and now it's sitting in my sink waiting to be washed.  I wish I didn't have to wash it because last time I did that I nearly sliced my finger off.
Woo-hoo!  Dinner tonight was awesome.  Totally worth using the food processor and risking a life of nine fingers.  Are you ready for it?  Banana pancakes with berry sauce.  I got the recipe out of Parenting magazine.  And woo-hoo! for you- I'm sharing the recipe (which, if you eat like my family, really needs to be doubled):

Puree 2 cups fresh or thawed mixed berries with 1/4 cup sugar; set aside.  Whisk together 1 mashed ripe banana, 1 cup milk, 1 Tbsp melted butter, and 1 large egg until smooth, Stir in 1 cup whole-wheat pancake mix until moistened.  Drop silver-dollar spoonfuls of batter onto a preheated lightly buttered griddle.  Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side.  Drizzle berry sauce on top.

Heaven.  It'll make you want to dance:

3 comments:

Renee said...

This is our new favorite commercial! Mark & I were trying to coax my famiy into doing a FlashMob at my cousin's upcoming wedding but just doesn't look like it's gonna pan out. Guess I'll have to bust a move regular style.

Nicki Woo said...

Yummy! Totally worth losing a finger for.

And can I just say. . .

OH MY FREAKIN GOODNESs!!! I have an email sitting in draft mode in my outbox RIGHT NOW, telling you how I peed in my pants when I saw that commercial. I couldn't stop laughing. I was hyperventalating as I told my husband about this guys flash mob experience. Which I would totes love to do. But, I think it struck me as funny because something like that would completely happen to me. Because I suck at texting and emailing in any sort of timely manner(checking them and sending them), your email, case in point :)

Jules said...

@Renee: That would have been AWESOME! You don't see enough FlashMobs these days! Of course, your regular moves will rock the reception- they're flashy enough on their own, right!?

@Nicki: We are SO on the same wavelength! I love that you love this commercial... how can you not, really? You should organize the mob and then if the communication fails and you wind up like this guy? At least you have great material for a blog post. Your recipe for the day could be "The Cheese That Stands Alone."