I'm hitting the open (except for 8 bajillion pounds of Memorial Day traffic) road this weekend! Heading up north for some Memorializing Days. Going rustic. Getting my hick on. Much like this happy couple:
Reasons I love this ad:
1. I love this song and it reminds me of Juno, one of my all-time fave movies.
2. The fox reminds me of my dog, Allie (a Sheltie- all Shelties look a little foxy I think.)
3. He takes her shoe shopping? Hot. Guys? You should ALL take your ladies shoe shopping on your first date. Then later, if animals pop out of your facial hair? It will be enduring rather than date-ending.
4. Who doesn't love baby birds? I'm reminded of The Twits by Roald Dahl. Mr. Twit always had stuff stuck in his beard and incidentally his favorite meal was bird pie. He was despicable. But he never took his wife shoe shopping either.
5. I'm so happy car companies are moving forward (pun intended) in the advertising department. Remember how lame they all used to be? It was car after car driving down a curvy road, usually on a mountain. Nobody in Michigan can relate to that! But bagging a river trout? That's an idea we can get behind (without a doubt!)
6. I think their next commercial should be a Beach Boys remix of "Help Me Rhonda," but instead sing, "Help me Honda."
7. My numerical list is getting out of hand. Let's just give the Hybrid a Hyfive and be done.
8. Happy Memorial Day! I hope your long weekend is full of minimal traffic, maximum relaxation, and awesome commercials.